Run Boston for USES
As an official non-profit partner with John Hancock for the 2018 Boston Marathon, United South End Settlements is offering two bibs to runners who support our mission and are willing to fundraise and train on our behalf!
*Applications for the 2018 Boston Marathon are now closed*
United South End Settlements harnesses the power of our diverse community to disrupt the cycle of poverty for children and their families. We believe that families have the best chance to reach their potential when we support the whole family together – children, parents, caregivers, and other family members.
• We work with parents and caregivers to develop their own capacity to reach their goals through coaching, increase their income and assets through job training and placement, and expand their social networks through community connections.
• We provide children with quality education & enrichment opportunities through early childhood education, after school, and a summer sleepaway camp that promote their own development, expand their horizons, and ready them for school and beyond.
DID YOU KNOW?
- • In the South End/Lower Roxbury, 36% of children live below the poverty line
- • A child raised in a household in the poorest fifth of the income distribution has a 39% chance of being stuck at the bottom as an adult and just a 7% chance of making it to the top
- • A $3,000 difference in parents’ income when their child is young is associated with a 17% increase in the child’s future earnings
*Applications for the 2018 Boston Marathon are now closed.*
The fundraising minimum requirement is $10,000. If you have any questions, please contact Heather Kaufmann at email@example.com or 617-375-8125.
What We Can Offer
• Free weekly long runs, speed workouts, coaching, and more through Heartbreak Hill Running Company right here in the South End
• A personalized CrowdRise fundraising page with setup support
• Design support for ongoing email communication with your supporters
• Space to host fundraising events as well as a post-marathon celebration
• Connections to local restaurants and businesses to support fundraising events
• Two tickets to The Neighborhood Gala in May 2018
• A tour and orientation to help you get to know the programs and participants of USES
• Very enthusiastic cheerleaders on race day!