United South End Settlements’ Children’s Art Centre will host its 10th annual Arts in the Park event on August 19, 2014 at Titus Sparrow Park in Boston’s South End from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
2013 Arts in the Park artist: Faith Johnson’s Human Web Project!
This hands-on event will showcase the artistic talents of artists and organizations from the South End/Greater Boston community in a day of multicultural and creative activities for nearly 600 children and families.
United South End Settlements strives to fulfill its mission and to make the arts accessible to youth in the South End and Lower Roxbury community that may not otherwise have opportunities or resources to pay for supplementary programs due to financial hardships. Therefore this event is completely free and open to the public.
- Experience working with youth ages 4 – 10 preferred
- Project must use materials and supplies safe and age appropriate for youth ages 4 – 10
- Activity must engage the public for the entire duration of the event from 10 – 1pm
- All supplies and art materials must be provided by the artist (USES will provide 8’ table, 2 chairs and a 10’X10’ Canopy Tent)
- All set up and clean up is the responsibility of the artist before and after the event
- Materials and supplies must be removed from the premises immediately after the event
- Description of the activity
- List of materials and supplies
- Brief Bio/Artist Statement
Deadline to apply is June 6, 2014 at 5pm. Please feel free to spread the word!
Please send proposals to Chelsea Revelle, Director of Arts & Culture email@example.com