The Power of ParentingProgram is a series of parenting classes that will begin on January 29th for parents with kid’s age 3-8 years old, in partnership with Families First. This is an opportunity for parents to have facilitated conversations around developmental milestones of their kids, manage stress, and build relationships with other parents with children of similar ages and stages. To sign up, contact Christina Harris at 617-375-8123 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the Families First flyer.
What you need to know:
– 12 week series of parenting classes
– Includes orientation, 7 parenting classes, 3 parent cafes, graduation
– Starts on January 29th, classes will be held at 48 Rutland St. on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm
– Childcare and a catered meal are provided
– The course is free
– The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, but some include understanding your child’s developmental stage, setting loving limits (which focuses on healthy discipline), and the media and your child’s brain, which looks at the presence of technology in young kids’ lives.
– Participants will also receive three coaching sessions to support them in identifying goals and creating an action plan to achieve those goals
– This is in partnership with Families First, and that it is not fully a USES program