- About Us
- Get Involved
- Virtual Library
- Enroll Now
Reporting to the Vice President of Programs and Services, the Director of Youth and Family Engagement ensures the creation, implementation and integration of an array of youth and family centered programs that meet the needs of participants and are in alignment with USES’ mission and strategic direction. It is an exciting time to join USES as we approach our 125th year of working with neighbors to improve their life situation. The Director will be a critical member of the leadership team and will have the opportunity to help develop USES youth development and family engagement with the ultimate goal of providing youth and families the opportunity to advance socially, educationally and economically.
The Director leads a team of experienced Directors and Managers in the implementation of high quality programing including: Afterschool Program, Children’s Art Centre, Community and Family Engagement and Camp Hale. S/he is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality youth-centered programs that comply with all federal, state, municipal and accreditation regulations and licensing requirements. The Director is an innovative and strategic thinker, experienced program leader, and is passionate about working with youth and families in an inclusive, diverse and complex environment.
1. Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence across the youth and family programs.
2. Provide leadership and establish a culture of collaboration and open communication across youth and family programming.
3. Develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance.
4. Support Directors and Managers in meeting contract, accreditation and regulatory requirements.
5. Collaborate with Operations staff to ensure effective and efficient systems that support high quality programming.
6. Manage and oversee youth program budgets and partner with the development team on fundraising strategies to support the work.
1. Provide leadership and work collaboratively with Directors to build active and inclusive Parent Council.
2. Ensure the implementation of a continuum of family engagement opportunities across youth and family programs as well as the community at large.
3. Build external relationships and engagement in youth focused forums, coalitions and advocacy groups.
4. Participate in organizational wide community engagement strategies
5. In partnership with VP, build external relationships and partnerships to ensure full continuum of services.
1. A commitment to USES mission.
2. Advanced degree youth development, social work or related field preferred.
3. At least seven years in progressively responsible management positions with significant staff management and leadership experience.
4. Proven track record in the successful design and implementation of programs serving youth and families from diverse backgrounds.
5. Knowledge and experience with grants, contracts and program budgets.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment.
8. Possesses the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
9. Knowledge of state DEEC licensing requirements preferred.
• Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion
• Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly
• Work requires close visual acuity
• Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please specify the position to which you are applying. No phone calls please.