Camp Hale Female Counselors
Under the supervision of the Camp Hale Director and other designated staff (Assistant Director, Program Director, etc.) counselors live with campers and participate in all daily routine activities. Counselors also plan and lead cabin-group activities, whole-camp activities and both day and overnight trips out of camp. A counselor’s primary focus is to provide guidance, leadership, and support; creating a safe and nurturing atmosphere that enhances campers’ physical, social and emotional development. Salary range is approximately $350.00-$550.00 for girls session depending on experience. Camp Hale is located on 93 Mill Bridge Road, Center Sandwich, NH. This position includes room and board. Employees must be available from August 9th – 25th.
Candidate must be at least 18 years old and have a high-school diploma or GED and possess a high level of maturity. Preference will be given to candidates with youth-related work experiences, camping experience, and/or one year of college. The ability to work successfully with inner-city campers and other camp personnel is required. Bilingual capacity in English/Spanish is helpful.
1. Live with a group of 6 to 8 campers and help each camper adjust to life at camp, while
providing 24-hour supervision.
2. Encourage the participation of individual campers in all camp activities.
3. Co-plan and conduct daily cabin group activities.
4. Provide instruction in one camp activity area.
5. Assist in planning, preparing materials, and implementing camp-wide activities.
6. Implement camp-positive discipline policy and ensure that campers follow health-andsafety
7. Observe and record significant individual and group behavior, and report such behavior
to the Director or his designee.
8. Participate in pre-camp and mid-camp training weeks. Assist in setting up camp and
maintaining an orderly physical environment that promotes optimal growth and
development of campers.
9. Attend staff meetings.
1. Must be able to climb, balance, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, lift, finger, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion.
2. Position requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly
3. Work requires close visual acuity
4. Position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
The statements above reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. In the subject line, please specify the position to which you are applying. No phone calls, please.